Pipestone County Medical Center performs over 100,000 lab tests each year, and 80% of all of our medical decisions are made based on the results of those tests. Having these services available right here in Pipestone translates to fast and efficient lab results, and more effective treatment for our patients. By maintaining the highest possible standards for testing and personal service, Pipestone County Medical Center Laboratory ensures your local health care professionals promptly receive the information and support they need to deliver the best care for you. For more information about our laboratory services, call 507-825-6166.
At PCMC, we offer a full range of laboratory services to serve both inpatient and outpatient needs. We feature state-of-the-art equipment, and our certified clinical lab specialists provide coverage for patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our laboratory is certified by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and provides essential services to assist in diagnosing and treating many health conditions.
- Hematology/Coagulation - Examines blood and body fluid specimens to determine the type and number of blood cells (RBC, WBC, and platelets); also determines the ability of blood to clot
- Microbiology - Tests specimens to isolate infecting agents such as bacteria, fungus, molds, and parasites; exposes infectious agents to a variety of antibiotics to determine effective drugs for treatment
- Chemistry - Examines bodily fluid specimens for the body's metabolic functions, disease markers, and drug monitoring
- Serology - Tests blood specimens to detect exposure to infectious and disease processes
- Urinalysis - Tests urine to detect and manage a wide range of disorders including urinary tract infections, kidney disease, and diabetes
- Blood bank - Identifies blood types (ABO and Rh) and performs tests to determine the compatibility of blood for transfusion
- Drug/breath alcohol testing services - Our laboratory is a collection site for DOT and NON-DOT urine drug screen and breath alcohol tests for pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing